And so as Christmas creaks into view, with the nation reaching wearily for its winter woolies once again, lo – behold my latest offering before I totally disappear up my own festive fundament.
- my pigments are not as translucent as those of the tutor
- squinting to properly see tone, light, shadow and reflected light
- identifying warm and cool colours
- preparation – pre-mix enough paints
- glazing – how graduated washes create many layers – first time using a mop brush
- establishing soft and hard edges
- lifting off damp as well as dried pigment
- ability to look at watercolour paintings by other artists and decipher which technical aspects were probably used
I enjoyed this online course so much.
Herewith the various stages showing the process…
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night. Rum pum pum pum!